Friday, February 20, 2009

Super Yummy Craisin Ramen Salad


So I have chosen this recipe to start off my recipe blog because like most things I make, the recipe it scribbled on a random piece of paper that I almost threw away and parts I kinda made up a little so I better write it done before I for get.
I actually got this recipe from Emma Wright and I love it

Salad:
Green leaf lettuce
one apple (I like Gala or honey crisp for this)
Craisins
finely chopped green onions
Prepared 2 packs sauteed Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles:
Melt 1/2 cup butter in saute pan. Then add 1/2 cup sugar (try regular or brown). Once they are combined add in the ramen. You will need to move it around and break it up. Once all the butter/sugar mixture is absorbed add in 1/2 table spoon (or just sprinkle in as much as looks good) sesame seeds.
I like to make this ahead of time so I have it on hand when I go to make the salad

Put is all together:
Ok so to through it all together just wash and cut up a head of lettuce, the cut up the apple into small thing pieces, add about half a pack of Craisins, add a few green onions (I only do a few because I am not a big onion fan, but add more if you like more), cut or brake off about half the ramen. Last toss with the dressing.

The dressing:
This makes a lot of dressing, like enough for 4 0r 5 large salads. So I half it or 1/3 it sometimes.
2 cups Salad oil
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp prepared mustard
2 TBS poppy seeds

Just through all dressing ingredients in a blender and turn it on.

I also more this dressing as a seasoning for chicken. When I made this salad for my mother-in-laws birthday dinner, I also put some chicken in a backing dish with a bit of Italian dressing and some of this dressing. I cooked it covered at about 415 degrees for 45 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment